Scholarships are available for courses listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Qualifying or preliminary courses do not need to be listed in CRICOS.
Scholarship applicants are not required to have a course offer at an Australian institution when they apply. However, applicants must include their course and institution preferences when submitting their scholarship application.
Applicants are encouraged to research broadly for information on courses and institutions for the most appropriate course of study for their needs.
When selecting a course, applicants must ensure it is included on CRICOS.
To identify the most appropriate course and institution, the Australian Government website www.studyinaustralia.gov.au is a good place to start. Applicants should also review information provided by institutions directly on their websites, or try to attend information sessions offered in Vietnam. This includes finding our information on any preliminary courses recommended by the institution, if applicable. Institution faculty and program areas may also assist applicants to make an informed decision on the most appropriate course of study and location.
The Australia Awards office in Vietnam will initiate requests for course placement in OASIS by late August for first semester commencement and by mid March for second semester commencement. In sending your course placement documents to the Australia Awards office in Vietnam, please remember to highlight the following:
- Name of university and course (specialisation)
- CRICOS Registration
- Course objective
- Course duration/length
- Intake available (semester one or two)
- Mode of study (research/coursework)
- English requirements
- Entry requirements
- Highlight selected subjects (both compulsory and elective subjects)
- Total credit points for the course and each subject
* Your courses will be reviewed by the Academic Advisor of the Australia Awards office in Vietnam.
Course changes will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and must be approved by the Australia Awards office in Vietnam. If you intend to seek approval to change your course, please consider your intended new course carefully to ensure:
- The area of study you nominated in your application form and your academic background/eligibility
- You meet academic and technical specialisations and requirements for the course; and
- You meet the minimum English requirement (IELTS overall 6.5 with no sub-band below 6.0 or equivalent TOEFL/PTE).
You are not allowed to contact Australian universities during placement process regarding your letter of offer. If you do so your scholarship may be withdrawn. All correspondences must go through the Australia Awards office in Vietnam.