Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships offer more than a degree.
You gain an internationally recognised qualification and a life-changing experience in Australia.
Intake 2025 applications for Master’s degree study open 1 February 2024 to 30 April 2024
Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders in developing countries. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in Vietnam.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability and other marginalised groups. A support scheme is available to assist equal participation by people with disability and from other marginalised groups.
Australia Awards benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
If recognition of prior learning is granted, the recipient may be placed in a degree program that is shorter in duration than for which they have originally applied for.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
Priority fields of study
The priority areas of study for Vietnam are listed below noting that examples provided are not limited to the fields available for an Australia Awards Scholarship:
- Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry (i.e. Agricultural economics, Aquacultural/Fisheries, Forestry, Rural Development)
- Digital transformation (i.e. Cyber security, Digital Business and Innovation, Digital communications)
- Information Technology (for applicants with disability only)
- Education (i.e. Education studies/management, Vocational Education and Training, Special Education)
- Environment, Climate Change and Energy (i.e. Environment studies including Water Resources, Mineral Resources, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Infrastructure and Transport, Sustainable/Renewable Energy Solutions and Innovation, Sustainable Tourism)
- Governance and Economic Growth (i.e Public Policy Administration, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Economics)
- Gender Equality, Disability (i.e. Women and Gender Studies, Disability Services, Social policy and social protection)
- Health (i.e. Health policy and services, Public health, Mental Health)
- Regional Stability and Human Rights (i.e. International law, Criminology, Maritime security/sustainability, Journalism and media)
Studies in other fields (except Business Administration, Medicine, Pharmacy) will be considered based on merit.
The governments of Australia and Vietnam regularly review these areas of study together and adjust the emphasis of the program.
Applicants should select courses that align with their experience and qualifications or provide a strong justification for courses that represent a shift in career focus or direction.
Applicants are recommended to use the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) https://cricos.education.gov.au/ for course selection.
Please refer to the List of Participating Institutions for further details.
Australia Awards Intake 2025 Vietnam Country Profile
This document includes the main information for Australia Awards Scholarships in Vietnam Intake 2025See more
Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook
This handbook provides essential information for managing or participating in Australia Awards ScholarshipsSee more
Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships Intake 2025 through the Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS)See more